Win32 COM question

Michael Kelly mkelly2002NOSPAM at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 17 23:07:05 EST 2001

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:30:58 GMT, "Scott Hathaway" <slhath at home.com>
wrote:

>No, python works with all COM servers.  Post your exact error and maybe we
>can help.

Hi Scott.  I noticed later that the particular one I was
trying to use had no IDispatch interface.  If python
can also do custom interfaces do you know where
I can find example code?  If I can look at a python
client using a COM server with a custom interface
I think I can get going.  I'm just not sure what I have
to use.  If I have to get the IUnknown ref. then do
QueryInterface or whatnot.  The little snippets
in the COM html docs show like obj.QueryInterface
but they don't show you how to get the initial object
if it's not an OleAutomation object with a ProgName
etc..

I did get an ActiveX .ocx I wrote working pretty easily
so that's very cool.

TIA

Mike

--

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx