New to pyton. Maybe a dumb question?

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at storm.ca
Wed Nov 7 00:01:52 EST 2001

On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:55:36 -0800, Cliff Pruitt <mail at cliffpruitt.com> wrote:
> I'm a little confused starting off.  Is it possible to create an application
> with Python that will run on any machine or doe sthe client machine have to
> have a python interperater installed?  I'm kind of lost as to how this all
> works.

    These are not mutually exclusive. You can run a python program on any
machine where the interpreter has been ported. Or, you can use the freeze.py
tool to generate C code that you can compile on any of those platforms.

    Perhaps if you told us what you had in mind first?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael.soulier at home.com>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix