python on handhelds

ognen at bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca ognen at bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca
Thu Nov 22 17:07:55 EST 2001

Hello,

I have inherited a 180,000 line VC++ project that I received a
green-light to rewrite/redesign. I come from a Unix background and would
very much like to go ahead and do it in Python however one of the
requirements is that a part of the app runs on a Palm. I have heard of
pippy (the python port for palmos) - but have no experience with it. My
manager is leaning towards Java. Does anyone have any experiences to
share as to the usability of the python port to palmos? Ease of
development? Any comparisons with Java for palms?

Ognen