Copy operator (was list.remove for Noivces)

Michael Hudson mwh at
Thu Nov 29 11:53:18 CET 2001

Chris Barker <chrishbarker at> writes:

> What I get from this is that someone using Python had better understand
> how Python name binding, mutable types, copying, and deep copying work
> in order to not get bit eventually. I don't think making it easier tao
> make a trivial copy will help that, rather it will hinder it. If there
> is something you need to learn, the sooner the better!

Has anyone posted this:

into this thread yet?  It's about all you need to know.

[1] If you're lost in the woods, just bury some fibre in the ground
    carrying data. Fairly soon a JCB will be along to cut it for you
    - follow the JCB back to civilsation/hitch a lift.
                                               -- Simon Burr, cam.misc