(no subject)

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Fri Nov 2 06:35:58 EST 2001

> I don't understand the problem; a single leading underscore for attribute
> won't give you any such problems. Double underscores are different, but
> even then I don't see why 3 classes should live in the same module?
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

hee hee. testing how this thing worked with a proportional font (dreadful).
I thought I had typed '__' not '_'.  (You should see the size of this
thing...)  But in any case, I wasn't very clear.  What I meant was
``grumble grumble, there is more than one way to make subclassing
difficult.  Having _no_ private variables makes it difficult because
of potential name conflicts.  But if you simply prepend '__' to your
every attribute name, demonstrating that you know how to make global
substitutions, you probably aren't exposing _enough_.''

Laura