Looking for discussion about Python for prototyping

Bill Bell bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Fri Nov 2 07:12:45 EST 2001

I had occasion to attend a meeting of IS/IT faculty in the business
school at one of the local universities the other day. I would stress
that these people offer courses and do research that is at the
interface between business and technology. That is, they are not
software experts.

At one point one of the faculty members mentioned VB as a
language for prototyping in the context of eBusiness. To say the
least, VB would not be my first choice! However, his remark has
made me wonder what can be said about Python for prototyping
purposes, especially in the context of process models like Boehm's
spiral.

Could folks on this list possibly suggest some places where I might
read good discussions about characterising languages, and the
systems in which they are embedded, for prototyping?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Bill
"It is the time that you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."--St-Exupery