IDLE improvement?

forgotten gentleman forgottengentleman_spam at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 09:17:17 EST 2001

Hi, in Dr. Scheme, you can use two windows for interactive
programming.  One is a normal text area where code can sit, and the
other is the interactive prompt, just like IDLE's prompt.  The way it
works is, when you press Ctrl-t or the big "execute" button:

- The interactive prompt's memory is cleared and restarted
- The code in the text area is interpreted, and loaded
- Cursor is now in the interactive prompt, so you can play with what
you just loaded

As I understand, in IDLE you have to close and open the window, and
then cut & paste your code back in.

Is this true?  If it is, maybe I can help rewrite IDLE if the code
isn't so complex.  It probably shouldn't be.

TIA.