pure 16-bit DOS app

DeepBlue DeepBlue at DeepBlue.org
Wed Oct 17 13:20:29 EDT 2001

"Cameron Laird" <claird at starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message
news:C6DA57BB5D095825.5CE2BB62B5E7F828.C267BE4C20A720B3 at lp.airnews.net...
> In article <mailman.1003307236.16105.python-list at python.org>,
> Oleg Broytmann  <phd at phd.pp.ru> wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 10:17:12AM +0200, Michael Armbruster wrote:
> >> I read many articles in the grup and the web, but till now I have not
found
> >> the real solution for my problem.
> >> I would like to have a pure standalone DOS 16-bit app built out of
> >> a python prog with inserted c-code but I don't know how to do this.
> >> perhaps you could help me,
> >
> >   Near to be impossible. 16bit DOS just doesn't have enough memory for
> >Python. Can you use 32bit DOS (DOS Extender)?
> .
Cameron has given you a link that may go somewhere :)
If you can get the sources, you may want to try working with RSXNT (port of
EMX) or RSXNTDJ (port of DJGPP) for a friendly work under windows.  I prefer
the former.  Both have RSX IDE and both can create either 32-bit DOS
programs or windows programs.  RSXNT can create dual mode programs.
You can find these goodies at:
http://www.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/~rainer/
DeepBlue (in Cobalt of course for a rich 3-d experience)