install on MacOS X 10.1?

xxxx xxxx at nisus.com
Thu Oct 4 17:41:36 EDT 2001

> Richard Jones wrote:
>> On Thursday 2001-10-04 13:23, xxxx wrote:
>>> xxxx wrote:
>>> I down-laoded 2.1.1
>>> In the Makefile I found this suggested sequence
>>> #       ./configure
>>> #       make
>>> #       make test
>>> #       make install
>>>
>>> In the README it says
>>> Mac OS X 10.0: Run configure with "OPT='-no-cpp-precomp' ./configure
>>>       --with-suffix=.exe --with-dyld".

> The link I put in my other e-mail had a discussion about just the error
> you're encountering.  Here it is again:...
> solution:
>  http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2001-October/013439.html

>+ Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>+ LDSHARED=   $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress
>+ BLDSHARED=  $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress
>+
>+ notice the "-flat_namespace" switch, this gets rid of the new
>+ default "twolevel_namespace" that complains about "undefined
>+ warning".

I had just found this among the ReleaseNotes/TwoLevelNamespaces.html  but am
glad
someone else figured out how it must be applied in this context:

You can use the -flat_namespace linker option to force the linker to build flat
namespace executables.
In Project Builder, add -flat_namespace to the OTHER_LDFLAGS Build Setting.

But yet, when running make test
test_pow
test_pty
test test_pty skipped --  No module named FCNTL
test_pwd
test_pyexpat
test test_pyexpat skipped --  cannot import name expat
test_re
make: *** [test] Segmentation fault