Python still remembers script after change and save

Chris Barker chrishbarker at home.net
Mon Oct 29 15:22:02 EST 2001

Chris Liechti wrote:
> "Paul Brian" <paul1brian at yahoo.com> wrote in
> > I occasionally come across a situation where I have changed a file,
> > rerun the file in python but python still produces an error, quoting
> > the original file in the error string
>
> you're looking for the "reload" command
>
> 1. for the first usage type:
>         import mymod
>
> 2. usage after modifications on mymod, type:
>         reload(mymod)

If you are working in an IDE that is written in Python (IDLE, MacPython
IDE, PythonWin, etc.) you might want to do:

import mymod
reload(mymod)

Everywhere while you are developing, so you will be assured of always
getting a fresh version when you run your code.

When a module is stable, you can delete the reload()

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,
Ph.D.