BNF parsing in Python

Konrad Anton usenet at
Wed Oct 31 17:25:49 CET 2001

Michael Ströder <michael at> schrieb:
>I'd like to parse strings describing LDAPv3 schema elements which
>seem to be declared as BNF (one example, not complete):
>Any clues on where to start? Should be pure Python and
>license-compatible to be included into an open source project
>(probably BSD style license).

You might want to give kjParse (the parsing component in gadfly) a

Gadfly lives somewhere on and uses kjParse internally
to parse SQL. I've successfully written a parser for C Enums and C
Structs with it.

 Konrad Anton <anton at>  gpg: 0x22954D8A
 Tel. +49-761-881-2122, Fax +49-721-151318943.   Alice: