Python is better than free (was Re: GNU wars again)

Steve Holden sholden at
Tue Oct 9 13:14:52 CEST 2001

"Ken Guest" <kwg at> wrote in ...
> On Tue, 2001-10-09 at 10:18, Paul Boddie wrote:
> > Joshua Macy <l0819m0v0smfm001 at> wrote in message
news:<3BBF2751.3010309 at>...

> <snipped loadsa rubbish>
> > Moses is to the Bible what Tim Peters is to Strunk and White (or
> > should it be the other way round?)-ly,
> and what exactly does this have to do with python?
> I thought this was a python list not a linquistics list.
Calm down. We don't wear asbestos pants in this group! It *is* a Python list
(well, newsgroup in my case), but people do wibble now and then.

sorry-this-wasn't-about-python-either-ly y'rs  - steve