learn OOP with Python

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Fri Oct 26 13:17:16 EDT 2001

I had the same problem as you did last summer.  If you go to
and search for articles by lac at cd.chalmers.se that mention
Object Oriented book in comp.lang.python :

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Object+Oriented+group:comp.lang.python+author:lac%40cd.chalmers.se&hl=en&rnum=2&selm=mailman.991118562.3957.python-list%40python.org
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Object+Oriented+group:comp.lang.python+author:lac%40cd.chalmers.se&hl=en&rnum=4&selm=mailman.991301326.27055.python-list%40python.org

You will find out exactly what I did.  I bought Timothy Budd's An Introduction
to Object Oriented Programming.

The Overwhelming opinion of the students here was that reading Design Patterns
and Design Patterns in Smalltalk was more helpful.  Next summer, when I
will have the same problem, I am going to buy the Little Schemer, and see
if that works out better.  Please let me know what you decide to do,
and how it works out, because I will have this problem every year.

Good Luck,
Laura Creighton