python process killed

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sun Oct 7 13:13:26 EDT 2001

"Kiran Kumar Gahlot" <kkgahlot at yahoo.com> wrote ...
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to run a giant program, which generates something like
> 200 million lines of data and write to a file. The python program
> stops in between and just displays "Killed" after terminating.
>
> Can i avoid this abrupt killing of the program and force it to run
> completely.

Another request for "psychic Python" debugging :-)

You give no details of your environment: Windows (if so which flavor),
Python version?

In the absence of more data, I might surmise you are running under Unix of
some flavor, and the shell is killing your process because it has exceeded
the process resource limits. Does this help at all?

If not, please post a little more information to help determine what the
problem might be...

regards
 Steve
--