Tkinter Canvas.create_line Windows/Linux difference for dashes

gcash gcash at luncheonmeat.cfl.rr.com
Tue Oct 16 20:15:32 EDT 2001

FloConsult SPRL <info at floconsult.be> writes:

> gives a dashed line under Linux, but a continuous line under Windows
> (tried on NT, 98 and Me). Can somebody give me an advice on how to
> obtain the same dashed effect on Windows ? Didn't find anything in tha
> FAQs.

>From the canvas(n) man page for Tk 8.3:

   On  systems where only a limited set of dash patterns, the
   dash pattern will be displayed as the most close dash pat­
   tern  that  is available. For example, on Windows only the
   first 4 of the above examples are available.  The  last  2
   examples will be displayed identically as the first one.

So it appears that Windows simply doesn't support that dash pattern.

-gc

--
Favorite god: Thor               Favorite song: "Hammer Time"
Motto: "Use a bigger hammer"     In my toolbox: 1 screwdriver, 6 hammers.