form like foxbase

François Lepoutre francois.lepoutre at
Thu Oct 25 11:27:43 CEST 2001

I understand that "fox base" means the successful the "dbaseiii clone"
launched by fox software in the olds days. I used it extensively in the

If this is what you are looking for, you could use python + a GUI toolset to
your app. I have not done it. But i do not feel python would be the easiest

But neither python nor python-GUI modules are data-aware as dbase clones
Nor do you get automatic updatabae db-grid a native report writer.

That may mean quite a bit of work.

I have no practical experience of data-intensive client-server apps running
python and a high-end graphical interface.

I would welcome any report on that.

Just my 2 cents

news:NKSB7.2917$96.27189 at news...