[OsX] Tkinter compile prob.

Cliff Crawford cjc26 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 21 13:16:54 EDT 2001

* Andreas Schoeller <A.Schoeller at web.de> menulis:

| I read about a Aqua-Version of Tk/Wish. Is it possible to build the
| python-TKinter module against this distributon ?

I've tried doing that..it compiles ok, but it doesn't really work right
in the interpreter.  Here's what I did:

* downloaded and installed the binary snapshots from
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl

* edited Modules/Setup and changed the tkinter line to this:

  _tkinter _tkinter.c tkappinit.c -DWITH_APPINIT \
    -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers \
    -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/PrivateHeaders \
    -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers \
    -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders \
    -I/usr/X11R6/include \
    -framework Tcl -framework Tk

* recompiled and reinstalled Python (this went ok, without any errors)

* started up the interpreter, and typed the following:
>>> import Tkinter
>>> Tkinter._test()

Then what happened is a small window titled "tk" popped up, but without
focus and behind all the other windows on the screen, and I wasn't able
to click on any of the buttons in it or bring it to the front.  I'm
guessing there's something going wrong with the event loop..

--
Cliff Crawford                  ::                cjc26 at cornell dot edu
"Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough and morality enough