Python ByteCode and Virtual Machine documentation

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Oct 26 04:32:56 EDT 2001

Lucio Torre <lucio at movilogic.com> writes:

> Thank you very much for the info. I missed the dis module. So i think
> its time to share my impression: the search function from the python
> site does not perform their function very well. theres a page named:
> 17.10.1 Python Byte Code Instructions, and the file name is
> :http://python.org/doc/current/lib/bytecodes.html and neither bytecode,
> bytecodes, byte code or byte codes make that page show up.
>
> or maybe they show up and this time i missed it. but google is
> pretty good at helping me find things, and im having problems with
> the search at python. it may be me, and if its so, could someone
> enlighten me, please?

After some experimenting, I agree: the search page on python.org
doesn't seem to be much good at searching the docs.  Fortunately
there's google.  I don't know why sites bother with site specific
search engines any more, TBH.  I use google for finding people's
homepages in my department...

> thanks for the info on the VM, dis and bytecodehacks!

Have fun!

Cheers,
M.

--
  Gullible editorial staff continues to post links to any and all
  articles that vaguely criticize Linux in any way.