newbie question

lance crocker jnlc at
Wed Oct 31 20:03:02 CET 2001

this is an actual exert from a tutorial i got off the net.

Programming tutorials since the beginning of time have started with a
little program called Hello, World! So here it is:

print "Hello, World!"

If you are using the command line to run programs then type it in with
a text editor, save it as and run it with ``python''

Otherwise go into IDLE, create a new window, and create it as in
section 1.4.

When this program is run here's what it prints:

Hello, World!

i did evrything that it asked me to do but i keep getting syntax
errors. i tried running it in DOS but it then gives me a bad command
or file name error.

I want to get this fixed b/c how can i use progs with out being able
to run them?

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:47:58 -0800, Erik Max Francis <max at>