Curious assignment behaviour

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 9 09:13:17 EDT 2001

Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at riverhall.NOSPAMco.uk> writes:

> I'm not sure I sympathise with the philosophy that if you can't please
> everyone then don't please anyone. An argumentative group can thus
> bring progress to a stand-still.

I don't sympathise with that philosophy, either. However, I cannot see
an instance of it here. I'm quite pleased with the status quo, and I
don't see any problem to solve here.

> That's my twopence worth, anyway. :-)

It may not be worth much more than that... If you seriously want this
feature, you need to write a PEP, and perhaps implement the feature,
gaining user support, etc. Otherwise, I can promise you that nothing
will change.

Regards,
Martin