Python embedding & question about autoconf and dynamic linking

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd at
Thu Oct 4 18:50:34 CEST 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Albert Chin-A-Young wrote:

> Xcircuit also embeds Python as an interpreter. It has switched to
> autoconf so check it out as well:

Thanks. It seems to apply some of the same hacks that I eventually
discovered. The distutils.sysconfig interface is great - sad that it seems
to have arrived only in version 2.0 and forward.

Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd at
Faced with the prospect of rereading this book, I would rather have my brains
ripped out by a plastic fork
                 - Charles Cooper, ZD net, in review of B at TSOT by Bill Gates.