how do I add site-packages on Windows?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Oct 11 17:14:39 EDT 2001

"Max M" <maxm at normik.dk> writes:

> I have had this problem before, but never really got a working solution.
>
> If I put packages into:
>
> <PYTHON>\Lib\site-packages\
>
> And then I try to use it from ie. iis (Windows naturally) Python cannot find
> my packages.
>
> What would I need to do to make Python search in site-package automatically?

Since the automatic site path setup is only currently done for Unix,
my approach was just to put a site.pth file into the root of the
Python installation directory and include whatever site directory I
wanted.  In my case, I just made a "site" directory right off of the
Python installation root, and thus the contents of site.pth was just
"site".

--
-- David