PostgreSQL Interface Query

John Bell jbell at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 13 00:05:37 EDT 2001

I have been evaluating various Python interfaces to PostgreSQL.  So far
as I've been able to determine the options are PygreSQL (packaged with
PostgreSQL), PoPy, psycopg and a new entrant, pypgsql.  I am leaning
towards pypgsql (available from SourceForge) based on an comparitive
assessment of functionality only.  However, as pypgsql is just under a
year old and I've never heard it mentioned on any major Python or
PostgreSQL forum before I am somewhat concerned regarding its
stability.  I would be very interrested in comments from anyone with
experience of the pypgsql package.

Thanks in Advance,