how do I get solaris thread fixes from 2.2b1 into 2.1?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald at ncl.ac.uk
Sun Oct 28 09:50:38 EST 2001

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the Solaris thread fixes
that are in python 2.2b1 into a copy of python 2.1 I have?

The reason is that it appears there is some interaction between python
and zope under solaris that makes zope behave as a single threaded
server. Certainly, if a long running web request is set off, you can't
select any other links on the server until the first request has
finished.

A thread on the yahoo groups archive gives some context;

The latest version of python (2.2b1) has a fix that sorts out some
problems in threading with Solaris.

The zope guys have said that zope is not currently compatible with
python 2.2 (understandable - python 2.2 is a beta after all!), so it
seems that what I need to do is to extract the fixed threads code from
2.2b1 and retrofit them into my 2.1 installation.

So, is there anyone out there that can give me a hint as to what I need
to do?

many thanks for any hints on this one...

tone.