new version of trace.py available

Zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Oct 23 10:22:55 EDT 2001

[please Cc: zooko at zooko.com in replies, thanks]

I wanted to get code coverage analysis of Mojo Nation[1] and
dist/src/Tools/scripts/trace.py didn't work for me (possibly because I didn't
know how to use it or because).  I started digging around in it trying to
figure out what was wrong and I ended up rewriting most of the core to use the
new (as of Python 2.1) debugger hooks and to do a few other things the way
I thought they should be done.

This version seems to work for me (python 2.2a4+), in both "tracing" and
"counting" modes.  It's darned slow, but I can't see how to make it any faster.

More details are visible in the changelog in the comments in the file, which is
available from Mojo Nation's CVS repository[2].

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://mojonation.net/
[2] http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mojonation/evil/common/trace.py?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup