J2EE equivalent in Python

Stephen shriek at gmx.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 23:53:40 EDT 2001

One of the great things about J2EE or just JSP/servlets is the ability
to create your web application (war file) and deploy it on any of the
application servers on the market, be it Tomcat, BEA, Websphere, iPlanet,
Blazix, or whoever. If one of these Python web projects/products
mentioned here were to support similar behaviour, perhaps based on jython,
then it would be a clear winner.  The market (read "employment") dictates
that I use Java/JSP/Servlets/Javabeans nowadays, using jython for
prototyping, and sidelining python for my own client-side GUI applications,
that are more for personal rather than commercial use.

Stephen.