Traceback oddity

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Fri Oct 19 10:21:12 EDT 2001

I expect you've played with sys.path.  Consider, eg:

>>> os.__file__
'f:\\python21\\lib\\os.pyc'
>>> sys.path.insert(0,'f:\\Python21\\Lib')
>>> reload(os)
<module 'os' from 'f:\Python21\Lib\os.pyc'>
>>> os.__file__
'f:\\Python21\\Lib\\os.pyc'

Check to see if duplicate versions of the same directory are in sys.path,
then back track where they were added.

HTH,

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com