PosixSerial.py license and gcavazos?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Oct 17 13:40:43 EDT 2001

In article <b0509bcd.0110162015.6a0802d3 at posting.google.com>, Christian Reis wrote:

> I'm writing a GPLed application and since I need software to communicate
> with a serial printer, I found and ended up using PosixSerial.py. Now
> this module is available from some sites on the web - Parnassus for one
> is an example - but I've always failed to find out what license it has.
>
> I've been looking for the author for a couple of months now, emailing
> people off and on, but have still to find him. Does anybody know who he
> is, or what the original license it? He seemed to have a website at
> http://members.tripod.com/~gcavazos/ but there was no content and it
> seems to be gone.

I wrote a module named PosixSerial.py, but it doesn't sound
like the same one.  I've decided this is the license for mine:
<ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/python/PosixSerial.py>

  You may use PosixSerial.py in any way you want so long as you
  don't claim copyrights on the code I wrote.

  You are not required to do so, but I would like it if you
  sent me copies of any modifications or added features and
  allowed me to incorporate and distribute them.

I'll add a that and a copyright notice to the file sometime soon.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Fold, fold,
                                  at               FOLD!! FOLDING many items!!