Service not stopping

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Mon Oct 22 09:29:37 EDT 2001

belen at netcom.no wrote:

> Yeah,
>
> The problem is that my program never gets to the while loop. Is there a
> way of regaining control of the service process...Can I create then two
> simultanous processes an control bot of them? Might the problem  have
> been the way I have created  the scheduler process?

I have no idea what the scheduler process does, or what such a bot might
do.  Threads work fine with services, so I suspect that may be your
answer - the scheduler should probably create a new thread, and it's
loop sets the self.hSched event.  The main service loop will then need
to check the WFMO() result to see what request has been made.

Mark.