Tkinter Html Display

Mike Clarkson support at internetdiscovery.com
Fri Oct 26 11:48:04 EDT 2001

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001 10:08:38 +0100, Robin Becker
<robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <3daa1aa8.0110051100.33815499 at posting.google.com>, Jeffrey
><jmsun at bioeng.ucsd.edu> writes
>>Hi All,
>>  I want to display an HTML file on a Tkinter Canvas widget.  Do any
>>of you know how to do this?  The principle problem I have is that the
>>HTML file can display subscript and symbols and stuff, while
>>translated the HTML lines into text, you lose that.  I came up with
>>one solution that one could just capture the HTML off the browser and
>>turn it into a gif file and then display on the widget.  But I just
>>wanted to know if there is anything out there or any solution for
>>this....

The best HTML widget for Tk is the TkHtml widget from
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/tkhtml/. This is a C coded HTML widget,
and is very fast and quite complete. If you want to see
a browser built on it, see BrowseX (http:/www.browsex.com).

It would not be hard to write a simple Tkinter wrapper for it;
if anyone has one please let me know. IMHO, it would make a nice
evolution path for Grail.

BTW, does Grail work with Python 2.x?

Mike.