Python and 3D Graphic tools

Marcus Stojek stojek at part-gmbh.de
Thu Oct 18 08:52:09 EDT 2001

Hi,
I want to write a little tools to visualize a kind of 3D puzzle. (The
single pieces are more or less cubes with or without holes and pins)
As I don't want to spend very much time on this I am looking for
an appropriate programming tool.

VPython looked good, but it has only the basic volumes, like cubes and
spheres.

VTK might be a little difficult and I don't fully understand how to
use it with Python.

Is there anything between these two? Or a VTK add-on thing I could
use?

I want to define relatively simple bodys, show them in 3D, and pile
them interactively. (No animation, just add or remove from the scene)

Thanks in advance.

Marcus