Question: Which Python to choose?

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Sun Oct 14 20:38:42 EDT 2001

> From: Steve Holden [mailto:sholden at holdenweb.com]
> "Károly Ladvánszky" <ladvanszkykaroly at digicart.hu> wrote ...
> > www.python.org and www.activestate.com seem to release
> their versions with

Personally, I like to use the PythonWare releases

	http://www.pythonware.com

as it is so much easier to have multiple versions on the one machine.
Doesn't mess at all with the registry ...

I also have ActiveState 1.5.2 on my machine for when I want to use win32all
(specifically for maintaining an old project). I think at one stage I worked
out how to use the 1.5.2 win32all with PythonWare 1.5.2 IIRC, but I don't
have a machine available to install ActiveState 2.x on so I can extract the
necessary bits to make it work with PythonWare 2.x.

My editor is configured so I can very easily change between ActiveState
1.5.2, PythonWare 1.5.2, PythonWare 2.0, PythonWare 2.1.1 and Jython 2.0.
Makes testing against various versions incredibly easy.

Tim Delaney