Length on an input parameter in python

P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia dradul at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 06:36:04 EDT 2001

In article <f562ef59.0110120716.58e18d30 at posting.google.com>,
coolslife at yahoo.com says...
>Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> wrote in message news:<mailman.1002876312.21830.python-list at python.org>...
>> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 03:16:07PM -0700, coolslife wrote:
[snip]
>So any suggestions on how to overcome this limitation? thx.

Use bash with all the configuration options turned on as your shell.
You need to build and install it yourself as it is not supplied with
commercial unix implementations.

You said you use "unix" 2.6. Among the 50+ implementations I am aware
of, it is probably Solaris; you could try using /usr/x4pg/bin/ksh (or is
it jsh?) but add it to /etc/shells or you are in for unsufferable pain.

--
P. Alejandro López-Valencia

Kenkon Itteki       ---       Heaven and Earth at one stroke