Embedding Python in C/C++

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Tue Oct 30 11:30:59 EST 2001

Yes it is possible to embed the Python interpreter in a C/C++
application.  Yes it is possible to evaluate Python scripts from
within C/C++ code.  And yes, Python was intended for this purpose.

Suggestions:

1. Read "Extending and Embedding the Python Interpreter" in the
standard Python documentation.

2. Work with the examples in Demo/embed in the Python source code
distribution.

3. Look at the function PyRun_SimpleString (in Section 2 of
"Python/C API Reference Manual" in the standard Python
documentation).

4. Ask some more questions.

  - Dave

--