Apologise (was: Re: IF STATEMENTS)

John Roth johnroth at ameritech.net
Fri Oct 19 13:46:27 EDT 2001

"Markus Schaber" <use-net at schabi.de> wrote in message
news:20011018102800.11c71435.use-net at schabi.de...
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:20:05 +0200, Markus Schaber <use-net at schabi.de>
> wrote:
> [...]
>
> I have to apologise for this message.
>
> At first, it was intended to go to per mail only.
>
> And second, it seems that some news readers have problems with
> MIME-signed messages.
>
> This messages should _not_ display as empty messages with attachment as
some people have told me.

> In my eyes, they look conform to the standards, and the first part with
type text/plain is the content.

> Non-MIME aware readers may show three lines of strange text before the
message, and MIME-aware readers should show my message as content and the
signature as attachment.

> Nevertheless, I won't send any signed messages here again, as long as this
issue is not resolved.

> markus
> --
> You don't have to be Microsoft to suck... but it helps.
> (Tim Hammerquist in comp.lang.python)

I saved it and looked at it, using Outlook Express. There is no text between
the header and the
first boundary delimiter. It appears that OE may be being overzealous in its
attempt to protect you from viruses - even though it says txt, it still
cautions me
that it may contain harmful stuff, and requires me to validate it.

John Roth