problem with FFT module from Numeric 20.2.0

Nick Efford nde at
Mon Oct 8 14:05:35 CEST 2001

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 09:37:36 -0500,
P. Alejandro Lopez-Valencia <dradul at> wrote:
> The solution is to be explicit. Edit your file
> /usr/local/lib/python21/config/Makefile in the appropriate places (3,  I
> don't recall their names off-had) to pass -R linker flags to ld. For
> example, I have added this in our lab box:
>  -R/usr/lib -R/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib
> Without these linker flags modules like socket and pyexpat won't work at
> all if called from restricted execution environments where you don't
> want a full environemnt definition, namely CGI's and batch jobs.

I'm working on Linux; do problems of this nature affect Linux
also, or are they a Solaris-only thing?

But if this is the cause of the problem, why are the other modules
from the Numeric package unaffected?  Why just fftpack?