Desperate help required for Python assignment

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Thu Oct 18 20:47:58 EDT 2001

> From: ullrich at math.okstate.edu [mailto:ullrich at math.okstate.edu]
> On 17 Oct 2001 00:47:07 -0700, nachiket_gole at hotmail.com (Nachiket)
> wrote:
>
> >I am new to Python doing a crash course in University.  I have a
> >assignment to submit in two days the specifications of which are:
[snip]
> > Please can some of the Gurus on this newsgroup help me out with a
> >working solution as with my limited knowledge i am no position to
> >handle this assignment in two days.
>
> Actually it's a trick question - this cannot be done in Python.
> Some of your classmates will be handing in stuff that doesn't
> quite do this, hoping for partial credit. You should tell the
> teacher you've determined it's impossible - I'm sure he'll be
> properly impressed.

Hah! And I thought some people may possibly think I was being a bit harch on
the fellow ... I appear to have been the most helpful of everyone :)

Just goes to show - despite the extreme friendliness and tolerance on this
list/newsgroup, we're still a bunch of competent techies who don't like
spongers ...

Tim Delaney