Using assingment as an operator.

Emil S. Hansen esh at
Fri Oct 12 15:32:21 CEST 2001

In <R5Cx7.27887$I83.413182 at>, Steve Holden wrote:

>> while"[^a-z0-9.]", domainname = raw_input("Please enter
> domainname: ")) != None:
>>         print "Error in domainname, please use lovercase letters and
> numbers only."
> You can't. See Frequently Asked Question 6.30 for why. The syntax you
> use is for keyword arguments to functions, another subject entirely.

I guessed that, but I hoped there was another way to do what I want. But
I'll have a look at the FAQ. Thanks for your time,

Best Regards
Emil S. Hansen - esh at - ESH14-DK
UNIX Administrator, Berlingske Tidende -

"Tilgiv mig min uvidenhed, men man kan vel forhåbentlig logge
ind på en NT med telnet - ellers kan det vel vanskeligt kaldes
et server-operativsystem." - Allan Olesen