Newbie: tkinter question

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Oct 10 08:49:23 EDT 2001

In article <d6453d54.0110100349.6b834d3f at posting.google.com>,
Attila Pletyak <attila.pletyak at anemo.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>  I am using Debian Linux 2.2, I've installed python from the deb
>packages. I would like to try out the possibilites of tkinter, but the
>module tkinter seems to be missing from my computer. Python is 1.5.2,
>and when I start it and type "from Tkinter import * " it says that it
>cannot find tkinter.
>
>  I looked on the tkinter home page, it routes me to
>dev.scriptics.com, but there I cannot really find tkinter.
			.
			.
			.
In the absence of explanation from a Debian expert--and
I do recognize there are a several nearby--my usual ad-
vice is to download Python 2.2 and re-build your own
installation.  Are you comfortable with such a generation?
It's quite straightforward.

What you've done is absolutely right.  A correct 1.5.2
should be able to import Tkinter.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net