Pipes

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOSPAMco.uk
Sat Oct 6 12:58:44 EDT 2001

David Bolen <db3l at fitlinxx.com> wrote:

>For interprocess I normally go ahead and use the popen# functions.
>For inter-machine I'm much more likely to use an IP approach with
>sockets (I've done named pipes in pure Windows applications that
>weren't written in Python but not in Python to this point).

Popen pipes are not the sort I was after. I need to communicate
between processes - maybe on separate machines - asynchronously. Popen
pipes are the synchronous stdout/stdin type of pipes.

Thanks anyway
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd