distutils: datafiles?

Vassilis Virvilis vasvir at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 09:56:32 EDT 2001

I would like to use distutils in order to properly install and distribute my
python program (buildconf! Do you actually remember the Software Carpentry
project?). I have reached to a point that is really close to a public
distribution and this is why I need distutils.

The problem I am facing is that I have a directory structure to install.
This is easily solvable for *.py files. I can divide them into modules and
have no problems. However I need some administrative data files installed
along with their relevant py files and I find that distutils was very
unwilling to help me to that end.

Any recomendations?

    .Bill