Steve Holden sholden at
Tue Oct 9 20:59:17 CEST 2001

I would have characterised this attack as a GUI denial-of-service, not a
Trojan horse. A Trojan horse is an exploit which collects information from
an unsuspecting user and stores or transmits it for use by the third party.
Such misinformation does not lend credibility. The code involved was a
simple infinite alert loop.

Other newsgroups I do not read were removed from this posting.

Sheesh, now we're getting *bots* posting to [sorry, Tim <wink>].

"Dr Solomon's Virus Patrol" <Virus.Patrol at> wrote in message
news:3bc343a0.fba6e0c5.c0a801.00.R at
> WARNING! A trojan has been found in an article posted to
> the following newsgroup(s):
>  comp.lang.javascript, alt.config, comp.lang.perl.misc, comp.lang.python,
>  comp.os.linux.misc
> Message header follows:
> >From: "dvus" <dven1 at>
> >Subject: YOU ARE ALL GAY!
> >Date: 09 Oct 2001 15:11:40 GMT
> Dr Solomon's FindVirus/VirusScan report follows:
>  Dr Solomon's FindVirus IN-HOUSE version. Copyright (c) 1999 Network
Associates Inc.