binary search tress using classes

christy_girl99 at yahoo.com christy_girl99 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 01:26:38 EDT 2001

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had a binary search tree module I could
use? I need to write a program that counts the number of occurrences
of each word in a file, and outputs the word and corresponding counts
alphabetically. For example, if input is

Have a nice day. Have a nice day.
Have a nice day.
Have a nice day.

the output is

a 4
day 4
have 4
nice 4

The code has to be modular based on classes. I'm thinking of making a
tree node that looks like this

bintree[ [key, data], left, right] ,

where I can traverse the tree by simply incrementing the current root
to the appropriate child.

temp = bintree.root
temp = temp[1]        #move to the left child.
temp = temp[2]        #move to the right child.

but I don't know how to implement it correctly using classes. (i.e
using def __init__(self), etc)

I'm new to this python language so I would appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks in advance :)
Christy