Putting site-packages somewhere else

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Oct 29 10:33:26 EST 2001

Here is one simple (but not very nice way, I guess) to cheat both Encap
and Distutils (never tried myself, though):
1) install python. Then from your descriptions there should be
   /usr/local/encap/python-2.1.1     - a directory
   /usr/local/lib/python-2.1 - a link pointing to
                     /usr/local/encap/python-2.1.1/lib/python-2.1
2) Move /usr/local/encap/python-2.1.1/lib/python-2.1/site-packages
somewhere where you like it to be, say, /path/to/site-packages.
3) Create symbolic link
/usr/local/encap/python-2.1.1/lib/python-2.1/site-packages pointing to
/path/to/site-packages

Regards,
	Pearu