XML Marshalling of objects (fwd)

Dr. David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Tue Oct 2 13:18:13 EDT 2001

|http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/xml-matters1/

I am pleased that a couple people posted links to my xml_pickle
module, and the above article I wrote discussing it.

I just wanted to add that some of the limitation discussed in the above
article (and some others users discovered after the article was written)
have been lifted.  And some other improvements have been made along the
way by users.  The new, brighter, shinier version is discussed in:

    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-matters11.html

You can also read the changelog in thhe module docstrings to get a
sense of enhancements:

    http://gnosis.cx/download/xml_pickle.py

Given the first poster's requirements, I think xml_pickle is a better
choice than XML-RPC (for example, it knows about lists/tuples).