Question: Event driven programming

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at
Sun Oct 28 02:46:03 CEST 2001

"K?oly Ladv?szky" <aa at> wrote in message news:<3bdad71d$1_3 at>...
> Does Python have means for event driven programming?
> It's a neat feature in VB, I wish there was something similar in Python.

As others have pointed out, it depends in what context you mean event
driven programming. For a system probably quite removed from VB and GUI
work but more suited to real time server side systems check out OSE. This
can be found at "". There is also the "asyncore"
module, but it doesn't go as far, although it is pure Python where OSE isn't.