Compiling 2.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.1 - test failures
richard at bizarsoftware.com.au
Fri Oct 5 03:59:59 CEST 2001
On Friday 05 October 2001 11:45, Richard Jones wrote:
> Hi all, I'm trying to get python built on my mac powerbook running OS X
> 10.1. I've edited the configure script so that LDSHARED is defined as
> LDSHARED= $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress
> for Darwin. I then ran configure with:
> OPT='-O3 -no-cpp-precomp' ./configure --with-suffix=.exe --with-dyld \
> Compiling went OK. Then I tried "make test". Oh dear.
> test_largefile: took about 2.5 minutes. Top reported that it was mostly
> "stuck" and occasionally "running" - using very little CPU and no disk that
> I could detect (by the scientific aural detection process ;) When it was
> finished, it printed the message "@test exists: 0". No idea if this normal
> - my Linux machine doesn't have large file support.
> test_re: got a segfault (with -O3, -O2 and no optimisation at all)
> Also, the program-transform-name didn't appear to do anything. My programs
> were installed with the .exe extension.
Another problem I'm having is that when I try to build extension modules, the
-flat_namespace flag doesn't seem to be used.
More information about the Python-list