xml.dom.minidom entity reference translation

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 12:52:37 EDT 2001

Martin von Loewis <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:

>On it's own, the XML parser doens't display any text. It can't be
>to_xml, either, since that would have produced <monty>...</monty>.
>So how did you get that output?

Sorted it. I was knocking up a few lines to demonstrate the problem
when I discovered that entity references are retrieved as seperate
nodes (why?) and it was my concatenation code that was removing the
spaces.

However, I have now discovered .normalize() which gives me what I
need.

Cheers.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark