error in the DDE conversation with Pythonwin

Nomad nomad*** at ***freemail.absa.co.za
Wed Oct 10 05:22:53 EDT 2001

On 9 Oct 2001 18:00:53 -0700, stevecanfield at my-deja.com (Steve
Canfield) wrote:

>When I try to start Pythonwin on my machine (Athlon 800), I get the
>following error box:
>  Python for Win32
>  There was an error in the DDE conversation with Pythonwin
>I click on okay and it seems to finish loading okay.
>I'm running:
>PythonWin 2.1.1 (#20, Jul 26 2001, 11:38:51) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
>win32.
>under Windows Me.
>
>If I bring up my task list, Pythonwin is listed more than one time.  I
>think this is because the first instance never starts up.  I have a
>desktop icon to Pythonwin and I generally have to click on it a couple
>of times before Pythonwin will start up (giving plenty of time between
>startup attempts).
>
>Any ideas what the problem could be?  I searched for this error
>message on Google and didn't get any hits.
>
>-steve

I've had this a couple of times as well, but not continuously.  It
seems that, occasionally, Pythonwin takes sometime to load every thing
up, but with no splash screen , you dont' know if anything is
happening.  AFAIK, the DDE error occurs because there are two
instances running.

It's no solution I know, but I've found being a little more patient
with Pywin seems to prevent this from happening.

HTH

--
Nomad

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.