nocaret.py - Zope install error

Mike James mpjames3 at home.com
Thu Oct 4 20:42:43 EDT 2001

I have zope 2.4.1, apache 1.3.20, RH linux 7.1 - and here's the problem...

When I run ./install, I get the following errors:

Compiling python modules
File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python2.1/test/nocaret.py", line 2
      [x for x in x] = x

SyntaxError: can't assign to list comprehension
SyntaxError: from __future__imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future3.py, line 3)
SyntaxError: from __future__imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future4.py, line 3)
SyntaxError: from __future__imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future5.py, line 4)
SyntaxError: from __future__imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future6.py, line 3)
SyntaxError: from __future__imports must occur at the beginning of the file
(test_future7.py, line 3)

Everything else seems to go just fine. When I run ./start, I get messages
about the HTTP and FTP server starting. The PCGI server starts, but never
goes into the background. Why is that?

While the python process from ./start is running, I can access zope through
the browser (http://localhost:8080) and even manage zope using the inituser
id and password generated by the install.

Just that one little problem about the ./start script is bugging me. Any
help would be appreciated!! thanks, Mike